Services Education and Training
Training to Improving the Uniformity of Practice
IBTS offers customized education and training programs to increase understanding of and compliance to building codes, standards, regulations, and related issues. Some violations and failures to conform occur as a result of requirements being misunderstood, misapplied, or because of recent government changes. IBTS offers training to building professionals around the country to prevent recurring safety hazards and to improve uniformity of practice while helping economic development.
With more than 20 years of experience providing ongoing training programs to federal, state and local government building officials, plan reviewers, inspectors and other industry professionals, our trainers have learned the value of creating a professional, highly interactive classroom environment. Participants take superb training materials away with them and use them for future reference. Continuing education isn't just about what happens in a six-hour classroom session - its success is often best measured by what participants continue to use on the job.
Small Participant-to-Instructor Ratios
Most of our learning events are conducted in small classroom or meeting-style environments with a participant-to-instructor ratio of no more than 50-to-1. The meeting room/classroom style allows participants and instructors to interactively access workbooks and other reference materials during the session.
Encouraged by the instructor, participants are challenged as the class works through examples, illustrations, graphics, code references and situational analyses.
IBTS understands how a well-trained staff can increase your bottom line performance. All of our instructors are committed to help you achieve this smart performance.
Services and Capabilities
- Customized Training and Education Services
- Delivered by experienced speakers, facilitators, and trainers
- Continuing education credits
- Meeting room/classroom training - small or large groups
- Onsite and web/distance training
- Self-study with practice exams
- Areas of Expertise
- Residential construction
- Industrialized and factory-built construction and installation
- Energy and environmental services
- Smart growth and sustainability
- Building design and construction
- Quality assurance programs
- Code complianceand safety
- Building regulations
- Developing technical guidelines
- Application of IT systems for building regulations and licensing