Accessibility Requirements Are Easily Met
For decades IBTS has helped clients meet requirements for accessibility. IBTS staff has over 35 years of corporate experience in the inspection of new and existing buildings and structures for conformity to the Americans with Disabilities Act–Access Guidelines (ADA-AG), the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS), the Fair Housing Act–Design Guidelines, Safe-Harbor codes, and Universal Design concepts. IBTS has earned a reputation for providing timely, accurate reporting, and for using a proven team approach to provide independent third party oversight and investigation.
IBTS staff members deliver unbiased and objective research and reports and are experienced in professional interaction with all accessibility stakeholders. Services include plan/peer reviews and field inspections for buildings nationwide and checklist automation for data analysis of larger programs. Our fully qualified staff has all the necessary inspector, plans examiner, and code official certifications in accessibility, building, electrical, fire safety, mechanical, and plumbing. Accessibility inspections are performed by accomplished professionals with ICC Accessibility Reviewer Certification who are trained to follow standardized data collection procedures to help ensure uniformity of process and quality of results.
Get the Accessibility Services You Need
Anticipated changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act are likely to require investigation and assessment of facilities and programs within county, city and state governments. IBTS delivers the following accessibility services:
- Regulatory change assessment from the code inspection perspective
- Facilities inspection and identification of current non-conformances
- Recommended corrective action and options
- Estimated cost of correction
- Prioritization of corrections
- Improvements implementation – Project/CM/Clerk of the Works
- Design procurement and management
- Procurement support
- Construction management/administration
- Construction monitoring
Recent public and private projects for which IBTS provided accessibility services include:
- Nationwide survey for HUD Policy Development and Research to measure Fair Housing nonconformance, nationwide.
- Hundreds of UFAS inspections for the DC Housing Authority.
- UFAS inspections of covered properties for the Residential Communities Initiative that provides new and renovated housing communities at military installations nationwide.
- ADA reviews (by staff certified as ICC accessibility reviewers) as a routine element of all plan reviews and inspections conducted as part of our assistance to Building Departments and as PEER Reviewer for developers and builders.
Clients also seek IBTS for answers to technical questions, solutions, and training on accessibility and related issues including historic preservation, code application and its enforcement, and Smart Growth.
See HUD Policy Development and Research Program Case Study